I haven't been as productive as I'd hoped this week, but I'm still getting things done. I have temporarily abandoned the Hopscotch Skirt after fighting for way too long with the pockets. I think something with fiddly details is not a good fit for KCWC because I really want to make the most of my sewing time during a self imposed deadline. I made myself feel better/more accomplished by finishing a skirt for myself that had been cut out for a few days. I'm a kid too, right? Photos of that tomorrow.
I turned my attention to some tried and true Japanese pattern books for a basic raglan sleeve dress for the baby. Honestly, quick and dirty is what I'm all about this week, despite my attempts to be fancy and complicated. I had 1/2 yard of this voile fabric and wanted to maximize it as much as possible. I used nearly every scrap of it for this dress.
The sash is unattached while I figure out if I like it or not. The sash fabric is also used for the trim on the neckline and on the sleeves. I think I'll just hand tack it on so I can take it off later or move it down as she gets bigger. I probably should have made a smaller size (this one is an 80cm) because while the length is good, it's really wide on her. She's a little peanut and I keep forgetting that when I make her clothes. However, what I love about a dress like this is that she'll be able to wear it for a long time and it'll just transition from being a dress to a tunic. I can replace the elastic with a bigger piece when I need to.
This is the first time that I've cut into my very small stash of the Anna Maria Horner voile fabrics and I'm in love. They're lovely to work with and are so soft and light and perfect for floaty summer clothes. I have 2 yards of another print that I've been saving for a shirt for myself. That may have to move up the list now, so I have it for when it warms up here (hahahaha! like that's going to happen!) and I need something airy to wear.
And of course, Kit would still like you to know that she is SO BIG!